Saturday, January 23, 2010

Back to the old Pinawa dam

I love the shield country...  It's so hard to visit any of the best spots through most of the spring and summer, at least on the weekends, though!

These spots come by their popularity honestly. 

More photos from the old Pinawa dam:


That's a blond-colored rock in the middle - when I first looked at this photo, I thought it was a waterfall!  Maybe that rock did have water rushing over it in the past... 
 

Some guides describe the area as reminiscent of Roman aqueduct.  I don't know about that, but it's a fascinating place - nature reclamation at its best!

And just in case you think it's all rocks there, think again!  There's a very pretty meadow between the parking area and the dam.


Did I mention these pics were taken in May of 2005?
.
.


No comments: